To integrate offenders into the general community and desist from crime
- Assist inmates to adjust to community-based orders to maintain community safety.
- Empower inmates to maintain family contact and relationships where it is safe to do so.
- Assist families of inmates in relation to issues that arise as a result of incarceration e.g. child care and contact issues, illness and death in custody etc.
- Assist with pre-release activities for inmates to reintegrate to the community and desist from crime
- Facilitate access to pre-release planning activities including community service providers. These include but are not limited to community health, disability, education and training, employment, social security agencies and immigration agencies
- Assist offenders identified as having a mental health impairment to access appropriate service agencies
- Assist to offenders identified as having a cognitive, sensory or physical disability including aged and frail, to access appropriate service agencies
- Assist offenders with challenging behaviors who pose a security threat to others to promote community safety