St Heliers Correctional Centre (Muswellbrook)
St Heliers Correctional Centre is a minimum-security institution for males located on the outskirts of Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley, 242km north of Sydney.
(02) 6542 4300
Fax: (02) 6542 4359
70 St Heliers Road (off McCullys Gap Rd)
Muswellbrook NSW 2333
PO Box 597
Muswellbrook NSW 2333
The centre is 6km from Muswellbrook railway station. Taxi's are available from the train station to the centre. For train timetables, please visit NSW TrainLink.
Travel north through Muswellbrook along the New England Highway, turn right into McCullys Gap Road and continue for 2km. Take the first left turn and follow the signs to the centre. There is limited parking available.
Bookings for video an in-person visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a visit booking, please call (02) 6542 4380 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between:
- 9:00am to 12:00pm or
- 1:00pm to 3:30pm
Before travelling to the centre for an in person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays)
- 10:00am to 10:30am
- 1:30pm to 2:00pm
Please present at the gatehouse 30 minutes before your appointed visit time for processing.
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Monday to Friday (no Public Holidays) from:
- 1:00pm to 6:30pm
Legal practitioners may visit between Monday and Sunday from:
- 9am to 11:30am or
- 12:30pm to 2:30pm
To book a legal visit, please fax your request at least 24 hours in advance to the General Manager on (02) 6542 4396. Alternatively, please call (02) 6542 4300.
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 1.2 MB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
25 Nov 2020