South Coast Correctional Centre
The South Coast Correctional Centre houses male offenders with minimum, medium and maximum-security areas. The Centre is located in South Nowra, approximately 168km south of Sydney.
55 The Links Road (via Oxford Street)
Nowra Hill NSW 2541
PO Box 538
Nowra NSW 2541
The nearest railway station (Bomaderry) is located 10km north of the centre. Please visit NSW TrainLink for timetables or call 131 500. Pick up and drop off to the centre is available by request when making visitor bookings. For alternative transport options, please contact:
Parking is available at the centre.
Bookings for video and in-person visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a visitor booking, please call (02) 4424 6075 Monday to Thursday between:
- 9:00am to 2:00pm (Monday to Thursday)
Before travelling to the centre for an in person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays) between 9:00am and 2:30pm.
All visitors are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before the time booked and to be considerate of other booked visits.
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Saturday and Sunday between:
- 9:00pm to 2:30pm
Legal practitioners may visit inmates on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 9am and 2pm. They must provide notice of their intention to visit by emailing their request to the Manager of Security via email@example.com at least 48 hours before their visit. All requests must be on a company letterhead.
On arrival to the centre please present your:
- Current Law Society Identification Card
- Written confirmation of appointment
For legal or professional visits via phone or AVL please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 419.0 KB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia o Swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
Please bring a $2 coin to hire a locker if needed.
27 Jan 2021