Silverwater Women's Correctional Centre
Silverwater Women's Correctional Centre is a maximum-security facility for women and the major reception centre for female offenders in NSW. Silverwater Women's Correctional Centre is one of three correctional facilities that make up the Silverwater Correctional Complex. The other correctional facilities at the complex are:
- Metropolitan Remand & Reception Centre (MRRC), a maximum-security correctional facility for men and
- Dawn de Loas Correctional Centre, a minimum-security correctional facility for men.
Silverwater NSW 2128
Locked bag 130
Australia Post Business Centre
Silverwater NSW 1811
Check with Transport NSW or call 131 500 for up to date bus and train timetables. The nearest bus stop is on Holker Street, which is near Avenue of Africa, Silverwater.
If you're travelling via private transport, please note that visitor parking is very limited. Allow plenty of additional time to find a park.
Bookings for video and in-person visits can be made by phone.
To make a visitor booking, please call (02) 9289 5605 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
You may make a booking between:
- 8:30am and 12pm
Before travelling to the centre for an in-person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
Video visit times
Video visits are available on Saturday and Sunday
- 8:30am to 3pm
Legal visits are available from Monday to Sunday at the following times:
- 8:30am to 10:30am
- 12pm to 2pm
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
- All visitors (including children) must have a booking.
- Visitors must supply photographic proof of their identity. Further details are available from the booking officer.
- Each visit may include a maximum of 4 adults as well as a manageable number of children below the age of 16.
- A waiting room, with baby changing facilities, is available.
- Corrective Services NSW is a non-smoking organisation. Smoking is strictly prohibited at the complex.
27 Jan 2021