Mid North Coast Correctional Centre (Kempsey)
Mid North Coast Correctional Centre is a maximum-, medium- and minimum- security centre for males and females. It is located at Aldavilla, 455 km north of Sydney and 14 km west of Kempsey.
Fax: (02) 6560 2734
370 Aldavilla Road
Aldavilla NSW 2440
PO Box 3567
West Kempsey NSW 2440
There is no public transport available.
- If you are driving from Kempsey, please follow the signs to Armidale (Armidale Road) until you reach the turn off to the airport (Sherwood Road).
- Take this turn and follow the road for 4km until you reach a crossroads.
- Turn left at the junction (Link Road) and follow the road for 800m until you reach the main entrance to the centre, which will be on your left.
- Car parking is available.
Please book your visit through the Just Connect website:
- You must register with Just Connect to make a booking
- Just connect bookings are open from 4:00pm Sunday to 4:00pm Tuesday
- Photo ID required for all adults for contact visits (we do not currently accept digital drivers licences).
- In-person Visitors must bring a $2 coin for lockers, change will not be given.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Sunday (no Public Holidays)
- 9:30am to 11:00am
- 12:30pm to 2:00pm
- You cannot select session times for in-person visits. These times are allocated by inmate housing.
You must arrive at least 1 hour prior to your visit - Any late arrivals will be denied entry and your visit will be cancelled.
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Saturday (no Public Holidays)
- 9:00am to 3:00pm
Legal practitioners can make a booking by emailing email@example.com at least two days prior to their proposed visit. Legal visits may take place from Monday to Friday between 9am and 2pm.
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF, 419.0 KB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia o Swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits o Skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
24 Oct 2022