Goulburn Correctional Centre
Goulburn Correctional Centre is a maximum/minimum security institution for males. It is located om the Goulburn Correctional Complex in the Southern Tablelands, 197km south-west of Sydney. Also located on the complex is the High Risk Management Correctional Centre.
(02) 4827 2222
Fax: (02) 4827 2230
Goulburn NSW 2580
PO Box 264
Goulburn NSW 2580
The nearest railway station is Goulburn Station. A taxi ride from the station to the Centre is approximately 3 km.
There is ample parking outside the main boom gate.
Bookings for video and in-person visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a visitor booking, please call (02) 4827 2240 Monday to Friday between:
- 9:00am to 11:00am (Monday to Friday)
- 12:30pm to 3:00pm (Monday to Thursday only)
Before travelling to the centre for an in person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays) between 9:00am and 2:30pm.
All visitors are requested to arrive at least 15 minutes before the time booked and to be considerate of other booked visits.
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Monday to Thursday (no Public Holidays)
- 4:00pm to 7:45pm
Legal visits may take place between 9:30am and 11:30am or 12:30pm and 2:30pm, Monday to Friday. Please book your visit 24 Hours in advance by contacting the Goulburn Correctional Centre.
Mobile phone jamming
Goulburn Correctional Centre uses mobile phone jamming technology.
Mobile phone jamming fact sheet (PDF , 75.9 KB) (PDF , 74.7 KB).
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 419.0 KB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia o Swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits o Skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
15 Jan 2021