Clarence Correctional Centre
Clarence Correctional Centre is a maximum- and minimum-security correctional centre for male and female offenders. The centre is located 12km south east of Grafton and is approximately 6 hours' drive from Sydney and 4 hours from Brisbane.
Inmate account enquiries
Inmate health enquiries
Service of documents
Phone: +61 (0) 2 6643 6500
Locked Bag 3902
313 Avenue Road
How to get there
Grafton train station is located at Crisp Ave, South Grafton, and is part of the NSW TrainLink. The station is 30 minutes' drive to the centre. Grafton is also serviced by Rex airlines and has a fleet of taxis.
Coffs Harbour train station is located at Angus McLeod Pl, Coffs Harbour, and is part of the NSW TrainLink. The station is 55 minutes' drive to the centre. Coffs Harbour is also serviced by Qantas and Virgin airlines and has a fleet of taxis.
A visitor's carpark is located just inside the centre.
Bookings for video and in-person visits are required and can be made by email email@example.com (visits booking email is open from 8:00am Sunday - 12:00pm Monday). Please don't send multiple emails, as this will result in the cancellation of your initial email.
In your email request, please provide the following information:
- The full name and MIN number of the inmate you intend to visit
- The full name and DOB of all visitors
- A valid mobile and email address for the person making the booking (who must be over 18 years old)
Failure to provide any of the information above will prevent us from processing your request.
100 points of ID is required for every visit and from every visitor including children.
Please do not ring Administration to ask why you have not received an email response as this just slows down the booking process. This is an extremely busy line you will be placed in a queue and when the queue is full the line will ring busy. You will get a confirmation email when the visit has been booked.
You can only make bookings for the coming weekend and no more than 7 days in advance. If you must cancel your booking, please contact the Clarence Correctional Centre on (02) 6643 6500.
Before travelling to the centre for an in person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place at different times and on different days for different inmate groups. See the list below for details.
- Visits A (mainstream sentenced and remand inmates) Wednesday to Sunday
- Visits B (protection and remand inmates) Wednesday to Sunday
- Male minimum-security Saturday and Sunday
- Female visits (secure and residence) Wednesday to Sunday
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Saturday and Sunday
Legal practitioners may visit Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 3:30pm
Please notify the centre 24 hours prior to your visit:
- Phone: (02) 6643 6500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of entry
Appropriate dress standards
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia o Swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits o Skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
12 Jul 2021