Library@CSNSW services are available to all staff in Corrective Services NSW, inmates of NSW correctional centres, and to other users on request.
The collection for Corrective Services NSW staff covers a wide range of print and online resources with an emphasis on criminology, penology, psychology, sociology, management, education and training. Library services may be made available to external users by arrangement.
The Library also maintains a significant print collection and legal information portal for inmates’ information and recreation.
Registered users can access the majority of our print and online resources in one simple search using Library@CSNSW OneSearch.
Individual resources can also be accessed for more targeted searching, using the following links:
- Library@CSNSW Catalogue to search the collection of books and audiovisual materials available to CSNSW staff
- MyAthens Login page to search the full range of individual online databases, journals and other electronic resources
- Ebooks (Ebook Central Library) to access our collection of downloadable e-books
- ePublications@CSNSW to search the Library’s open access repository for the research, scholarly output and archival material of Corrective Services NSW staff and students
- Legal Info Portal to learn more about this resource which is maintained as an information resource for inmates on a closed network within correctional centres.
The Library team have extensive experience in undertaking comprehensive literature searches. Registered users are encouraged to contact the Library to request assistance in gathering information, either by using the Literature Search Request Form or the contact details provided below.
The library also provides a document delivery service for items (e.g. books, journal articles, audiovisual materials etc.) that are not currently in our collection.
These items may be requested using the Document Delivery Request Form.
The Library team is experienced in conducting both legal research and literature searches, using our comprehensive online and print collections.
Staff queries, including legal queries, may be directed to the Brush Farm Corrective Services Academy (BFCSA) Library.
Legal queries and information requests for inmates may be directed to the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre (MRRC) Library.
- For those external to Corrective Services, please contact the Library to apply for membership. For those within Corrective Services NSW, please register to use the full range of Library@CSNSW services using either our Online Library Registration form, or the printable Library User Registration Form (PDF , 174.3 KB)
26 Oct 2021