South Coast Correctional Centre upgrade
The South Coast Correctional Centre at Nowra was selected for expansion as part of the NSW Government’s $3.8 billion Prison Bed Capacity Program.
The expansion saw the following additions and alterations:
- 160 maximum-security beds
- 200 minimum-security beds
- Conversion of an existing 200 minimum-security beds to medium-security
- Refurbishment and extensions to existing buildings, including visits area, clinic, AVL suites, car park and reception area
- New industries building, High Intensity Program Unit (HIPU) and staff amenities building.
02 Dec 2020