Oberon Correctional Centre
Oberon Correctional Centre is a minimum-security facility for male offenders. The centre is located 40km from Oberon and approximately 235km southwest of Sydney.
Phone: (02) 6335 5248
Fax: (02) 6335 5220
110 Gurnang Road
SHOOTERS HILL via
OBERON NSW 2787
If using a GPS or Google please use address: Mt Werong Road, Gurnang, then follow Mt Werong Road for 6 kilometers then turn right into Gurnang Road.
Locked Bag 2
OBERON NSW 2787
How to Get There
- Follow the Great Western Highway past Katoomba. After about 28km, you will come across a steep hill with Hartley Valley on your left.
- As you begin to climb out of the valley close to Lithgow, you will see a signpost to Oberon to your left.
- Follow this sign onto Jenolan Caves Road. Follow this road for 24km until you reach a right turn towards Oberon (Duckmaloi Road).
- Follow this road for approximately 20km until you see a sign to Titania Road. At this junction, there is small green Correctional Centre sign. Take this turnoff to the left and follow it for 4km.
- When you arrive at a T-intersection, turn left onto Edith Road and continue for 2km until you reach a right turn into Butterfactory Lane, which turns into Shooters Hill Road.
- Follow Shooters Hill Road for 23kms until you come to an intersection and turn left into Mt Werong Road.
- After about six kilometres, turn right into Gurnang Road and continue until you arrive at the correctional centre.
- There is ample car parking for visitors.
Bookings are required for video and in-person visits and can be made by phone.
To make a visit booking, please call (02) 6335 5268 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 1:00pm and 2:30pm.
Before travelling to the centre for an in-person visit, please call to confirm you visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In person visits take place on Sunday (no Public Holidays)
- 8:00am to 8:30am
- 9:00am to 9:30am
- 10:00am to 10:30am
- 11:00am to 11:30am
- 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- 1:30pm to 2:00pm
Video visit times
Video visits take place every day between 9:30am and 4pm.
Please refer to the video visits page for more detailed information.
Legal practitioners may visit in person or schedule a teleconference from Monday to Friday between 10.30am and 2pm. Please send a visit request at least 48 hours prior to your proposed booking time by emailing OberonCCAdmin@justice.nsw.gov.au.
Conditions of entry
Appropriate dress standards
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 419.0 KB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
Visitors over 18 years of age must bring appropriate identification. First-time visitors will need to produce three forms of identification.
25 Jan 2021