Macquarie Correctional Centre (Wellington)
Macquarie Correctional Centre houses maximum-security male offenders and is located adjacent to the Wellington Correctional Centre, 354km northwest of Sydney.
(02) 6845 5600
Fax (02) 02 6845 5615
Wellington NSW 2820
PO Box 128
Wellington NSW 2820
Wellington train station, on the Central Western Line, is 7km from the Macquarie Correctional Centre. Bus services also operate from Sydney and Dubbo. Please visit NSW TrainLink for timetables.
Parking is available at the centre.
Bookings for video and in-person visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a visitor booking, please call (02) 6845 5699 Monday to Wednesday between:
- 8:00am to 12:30am
- 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Before travelling to the centre for an in person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, ensure you know the rules to avoid missing out.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (and Public Holidays excluding Christmas Day) between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
Video visit times
Video visits take place every day from:
- 5:00pm to 9:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- 9:00am to 9:00pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Legal practitioners may visit Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 2:30pm.
Please notify the centre 24 hours prior to your visit:
- Phone: (02) 6840 5600
- Fax: (02) 6845 5615
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 1.2 MB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia o Swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits o Skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
23 Nov 2020