Kirkconnell Correctional Centre
Kirkconnell Correctional Centrex is a minimum-security facility for male offenders located between Lithgow and Bathurst. It is 180 kilometres west of Sydney.
(02) 6337 5317
Fax: 02 6329 5555
Sunny Corner Road
Kirkconnell NSW 2795
Locked Bag 7029
Bathurst NSW 2795
Public transport is very limited, private transport is recommended. The only train services are from Sydney to Bathurst or Lithgow.
The facility is approximately 34 kilometres west of Lithgow.
The centre is approximately 34 kilometres west of Lithgow on the Great Western Highway.
Parking is available at the centre.
Bookings for video and in-person visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a visit booking, please call the visits booking line on (02) 6329 5522 between 10:00am and 12:00pm Monday to Friday.
Before travelling to the centre, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, make sure you know the rules before you book.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays)
Video visit times
Legal practitioners may visit between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Wednesday. Bookings are required. Please provide at least 48 hours' notice of your intention to visit by faxing a request on a letterhead to (02) 6329 5550 or (02) 6329 5555. Please note that there are no AVL facilities at Kirkconnell.
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 419.0 KB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
27 Jan 2021