Emu Plains Correctional Centre
Emu Plains Correctional Centre is a minimum-security facility for females located in Emu Plains.
Old Bathurst Rd
Emu Plains NSW 2750
Locked Bag 8006
PENRITH NSW 2751
The nearest railway station is Emu Plains Railway Station. It is a 15 to 20-minute walk from the station down Old Bathurst Road.
Car parking is available along the driveway of the correctional centre.
Bookings for in-person and video visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a booking please call, (02) 4735 0394 on Tuesday or Thursday between:
- 10:00am to 11:30am or
- 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Before travelling to the centre for an in-person visit, please call to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, make sure you know the rules before you book.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays) between:
- 8:30am and 11:30am
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays) between:
- 12:30pm and 3:00pm
Legal visits are available seven days a week, any time between 9am and 3pm.
Please email: email@example.com
Phone enquiries can be made during business hours (02) 4735 0200.
To learn more about the entry conditions, please contact the centre before your visit.
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress (PDF , 1.2 MB) includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet
The CSNSW Mothers and Children's Program is one of several prison nursery programs operating in Australia and overseas to reduce the impact of incarceration on the children of inmates. Since 1996, the prison nursery has been located at Jacaranda Cottages, a purpose-built facility at the Emu Plains Correctional Centre complex.
The program allows children from birth to 12 years of age to live with their mother on a full time or occasional residential basis. School-age children can participate on weekends and school holidays. The unit is compliant with all international standards and conventions governing prison nursery units.
Enquiries regarding the Mothers and Children's Program should be directed to the program manager on (02) 4735 0230.
23 Nov 2020