Bathurst Correctional Complex
Bathurst Correctional Complex is a mixed-security facility for male offenders located 210 kilometres west of Sydney. The complex serves as a reception prison for western NSW.
(02) 6338 3282
Fax: (02) 6338 3239
Corner of Browning Street and Brookmoore Avenue
Bathurst NSW 2795
PO Box 166
Bathurst NSW 2795
How to get there
There are train and private coach services that operate from Sydney to Bathurst. The complex is a short taxi ride from the train station.
The complex is approximately 3km west of the town centre.
Bookings for in-person and video visits are required and can be made by phone.
To make a booking, please call the visitor booking line on (02) 6338 3212 Monday to Thursday between
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm
This is an extremely busy line you will be placed in a queue and when the queue is full the line will ring busy. Please do not ring Administration to ask why you are not getting through as this stops the staff being able to answer the Visits calls.
You can only make bookings for the coming weekend and no more than 7 days in advance. If you must cancel your booking, please contact the Bathurst Correctional Complex on 02 6338 3282. This will help us to accommodate other visitors.
Before travelling for a visit, please call the correctional centre to confirm your visit and visiting time.
New COVID-safety measures apply to in-person visits, make sure you know the rules before you book.
In-person visit times
In-person visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays)
- 9:00am to 9:50am
- 10:30am to 11:20am
- 12:30pm to 1:20pm
- 1:40pm to 2:30pm
In-person visit sessions will be allocated to specific areas within the gaol.
Shine for kids will be operating, however they will not be entering the centre. Families wishing to access this service must present to the Shine for Kids Building (CNR Browning street and Great Western Highway) prior to attending the centre.
Video visit times
Video visits take place on Saturday and Sunday (no Public Holidays)
These times are dependant on which area inmates are in.
Weekend video visits sessions will be allocated with specified areas within the gaol.
Video visits bookings must be made 24 hours in advance. No bookings will be made for visits for the day of the call or the following day.
Legal practitioners must make a booking by fax at least 48 hours prior to their visit.
Fax: (02) 6332 5472|
Phone: (02) 6338 3238
Conditions of entry
Appropriate dress standards
The visits area is a family environment. You must dress appropriately. This generally means clothes must be respectable and not too provocative.
You cannot wear anything that hides your face, except for religious reasons. In that case you will be asked to remove your face covering temporarily so staff can verify your identity.
Inappropriate dress includes:
- Clothes that have possibly controversial logos, words or slogans such as:
- Motorcycle gang 'colours' or gang insignias
- Logos or symbols associated with drugs or drug paraphernalia or swear words
- Tight or revealing clothing including:
- Tops and dresses that expose the stomach or chest
- Swimsuits or skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh
- Mesh or other "see-through" clothes
- Clothes that are excessively dirty, ripped or frayed
- Heels higher than 5 centimetres
- Any jewellery other than a plain wedding band, sleepers and studs. This means no engagement ring or any other ring with stones, and no bracelets or necklaces
- Tops or jumpers with a hood
- Hats, scarves or head coverings (excluding religious wear)
- Hair scrunchies or clips. Only single elasticated hair ties are allowed
- Watches, smart watches or activity trackers
- Bare feet.
18 Mar 2021